Want to make big things happen in your life? How about writing a list and actually making them happen? We can do it together. We'll hold hands and sing kumbaya and everything.
I'm 25! *throws confetti* In celebration of my birthday, I decided to do something cheesy, but it has a purpose I swear. So, I'm cheesy with a cause. Somebody make me a t-shirt.
For those of you keeping up, I write books. I'm currently working on my second full-length novel, That Was the Year, and as part of that process, I decided to do some interactive book writing.
What does that mean? In my new book, the main character Reese decides to revisit a list of 25 things to do before 25 that she wrote with her friends. (She's a procrastinator though, so she starts at 26.) To keep connected with my book, I decided to make a list of my own! Technically, my list is 25 things to do while I'm 25. Confused yet? Me too.
So, to celebrate my birthday, here are 25 things I intend to accomplish this year. And hopefully document on this blog, if I'm diligent enough.
Of course, who would I be if I didn't track this with a hashtag and invite you to join with a list of your own? I'm using #TATMbucketlist, and I'll share my wins with you on my Instagram.
So, here's that list I promised you:
- Finally read Les Miserables
- Take a walking tour of New Orleans
- Sleep outside in a tent
- Take a trip with Amtrak
- Go to high tea
- Try acupuncture
- Drink a Sazerac
- Do yoga outside
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Send a fan email to Rainbow Rowell
- Go horse-back riding
- Go on a retreat
- See a roller derby match
- Memorize a poem
- Pitch an article to a major publication
- Spend a weekend without my smartphone
- Take a class at City Surf
- Take an aerial arts class
- Submit my book for an award
- Sing karaoke at the Cat's Meow
- Go to the carousel bar at the Monteleone
- Donate money to a charity
- Create an audiobook for These Are the Moments
- Finish my second book
So what's the question mark? I'm taking suggestions, of course! If you have any ideas for fun things I should do this year, please share them in the comments. In the meantime, I'm off to birthday ice cream.
Before I forget! One more reminder for you to get busy with a list of your own. Now is the time, my friend. As Jack London said, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
Here is your challenge, should you choose to accept it:
- Create your own list of 25 things. (Or more if you're feeling up for it!)
- Share your list on social media with the #TATMbucketlist.
- Tag me! I'm @blotsandplots on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Go forth and make things happen! Now, back to ice cream for me.